Step by Step
Understand the Importance of Compliance
Failure to comply with established policies and procedures may result in revocation of the cardholder’s card privileges and/or employee’s system access to eVA, even for a first offense. Deliberate or recurring noncompliance or failure to perform required duties may constitute cause for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment in accordance with the Employee Standards of Conduct , VCU’s Rules and Procedures, the Promotion and Tenure Policies and Procedures, VCU Policy for Administrative and Professional Faculty and Faculty Holding Administrative Appointments, and/or any other applicable University procedures.
Make Note of which Goods are Allowable and Non-Allowable
Other prohibited P-Card purchases include:
- Gift cards and gift certificates
- Employee travel expenses (including lodging, meals, transportation, parking and car rental)
While not expressly prohibited, departments that order through Amazon are accountable for compliance with the following requirements and must take into account the negative impact the purchase(s) have on the university.
- A confirming Purchase Card Order (PCO) is required to be entered into eVA for all Amazon transactions regardless of funding source.
- Amazon PCO requirements:
- Detailed description of each item(s) purchased and shipping cost on a separate lines.
- Must be entered before the end of the cycle.
- Include the PCO number in Field GL05 when you sign off on a charge in Works.
- Uploading a copy of the PCO into Works is highly encouraged.
- Applying for Amazon Tax Exemption Program is not permitted due to the requirement to accept Amazon’s terms and conditions.
- Office supplies must be purchased through the mandatory contract supplier The Supply Room.
Negative Impact on the University
- Amazon is not an eVA registered supplier; which requires the university to pay the entire eVA fee associated with the purchase.
- Amazon is not a SWaM vendor; VCU is committed to using diverse suppliers and must purchase at least 40% of its good and services from DSBSD certified SWaM suppliers.
- Amazon is not on contract and do not offer VCU discounted pricing or free shipping.
Amazon purchases that do not comply with the requirements above will be considered a violation and may result in Corrective Action, suspension and/or cancellation of the P-card.
Fixed Assets Accounting: Addition to Equipment Inventory
Equipment purchases over $2000 using the Corporate Purchasing Card must be reported to VCU Property Management. Please call Property Management at 8-5480, if you have any questions.
Past Due Invoices
Past due invoices must be paid by Accounts Payable.
In accordance with Commonwealth of VA accounting polices and procedures, cardholders are prohibited from using the P-Card to pay a vendor invoice that is past due For more information on Prompt Pay guidelines click here: Submit an Invoice and Receive Payment.
Please see the Special Circumstances section of the Accounts Payable site for more information about paying past due invoices.