Step by Step
Submission of Invoice to Accounts Payable
- Ensure the purchase order is present in RealSource and has been received.
- Original invoices should be mailed or emailed to the bill to address listed on the purchase order by the vendor. However, if the vendor sends the original invoice to the department, the department should within 24 hours scan and email it to email@example.com, which has been set up for internal VCU use only.
- Only provide the invoice, no other documents should be attached.
- Ensure the purchase order number is typed on the invoice.
- Multiple invoices should not be submitted together, each needs its own email. Only one invoice per scanned document will be processed for payment. The purchase order number must also be on the invoice; otherwise, the invoice will not be processed and show up in RealSource.
Retain the Original Document in Department's Files
Do not duplicate efforts by sending the scanned copy and then sending the original in the mail.
Expedite Payment Requests
Accounts Payable will need to be contacted to have a payment expedited. Please include an explanation and the reason for the expedite request. The invoice will be processed accordingly on the next available check run.
Statements and Past Due Invoices
Do not use firstname.lastname@example.org for past due invoices, statements or payment status of invoices. Submit a Cherwell ticket. Please include with your request any documentation that is available.
For help, please submit a Cherwell service ticket to Procurement Services under School/Unit IT Support.