Below are instructions for submitting invoices to Accounts Payable for payment. Invoices may refer to vendor invoices or other forms that serve as invoices (ICA form, honorarium, etc.)
Step by Step
Determine if Vendor Participates in the Electronic Invoice System. If Vendor Does Not Participate, Continue to Step 2.
Listed below are the vendors who are currently submitting invoices to Accounts Payable via the electronic invoicing process. To eliminate duplication of work, paper invoices from these vendors should no longer be sent to Accounts Payable. This list is constantly updated so please refer to this listing often.
Electronic Invoicing Vendors Vendor # Go Live Date
Arcet Equipment Company V00224069 03/19/2012 Attronica Computers, Inc. V00220699 11/21/2011 Audio Fidelity Communications Corp.
dba The Whitlock Group
V00223851 11/21/2011 Beckman Coulter Inc. V00220323 11/21/2011 BioLegend, Inc. V00225532 11/21/2011 C and C Electrical Service Inc. V00227278 03/19/2012 Caliper Inc. V00224545 03/19/2012 Carolina Biological Supply V00220294 03/19/2012 Cayman Chemical V00227143 11/21/2011 Commonwealth Blinds V00224693 02/06/2012 Conquest Graphics V00227213 09/26/2012 Dell Marketing *Punchout Catalog* V00222035 04/16/2012 Dharmacon, Inc. V00224394 11/21/2011 Diamond Springs Water Co. Inc. V00224087 11/21/2011 Drake Precision Dental Lab V00223977 09/19/2011 Electron Microscopy Sciences V00224142 11/21/2011 Entry Guard Systems Inc. V00224890 03/19/2012 Evoqua Water Technologies V00701746 04/24/2014 Fisher Scientific *Punchout Catalog* V00220290 10/30/2013 Genesee Scientific V00222123 11/21/2011 Gilson V00220336 02/06/2012 Harlan Laboratories V00224135 09/19/2011 Henry Schein V00220381 02/06/2012 Integrated DNA Technologies V00223907 10/23/2013 James River Facility Services V00474949 11/21/2011 Licor V00223918 02/06/2012 PerkinElmer Health Sciences Inc. V00283797 11/21/2011 Promega Biotec V00220354 03/19/2012 Promotional Considerations V00225027 03/19/2012 Qiagen Inc. V00222296 01/09/2013 Quality Biological V00271965 02/06/2012 Rutherford Supply Corporation V00220304 11/21/2011 Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc
V00227247 12/05/2012 Shenandoah Publications Inc. V00449064 11/21/2011 Siemens Industry Inc. V00241323 06/11/2012 Sigma Aldrich
V00220443 06/20/2013 Signs Unlimited V00224111 03/21/2011 Ultra-Violet Laser Supplies, Inc. V00224654 11/21/2011 Uptown Color V00220913 02/06/2012 Vector Laboratories, Inc. V00224197 11/21/2011 VWR *Punchout Catalog* V00220725 02/11/2013
Submission of Invoice to Accounts Payable
- Ensure the purchase order is present in Banner and has been received. See View Purchase Order, Receiving & Payment Information in Banner.
- Original invoices should be mailed to Accounts Payable by the vendor.However, if the vendor mails the original invoice to the department, the department may scan it and email it to email@example.com, which has been set up for internal VCU use only
- Reference the purchase order number in the subject line of the email
- Attach the scanned invoice
- A scanned document should include only one original invoice and supporting documents. Multiple invoices should not be scanned together as one document since they cannot be separated to scan into ImageNow. Only one invoice per scanned document will be processed for payment. The purchase order number must also be on the invoice; otherwise, the email will be returned to the department.
Retain the Original Document in Department’s Files
Do not duplicate efforts by sending the scanned copy and then sending the original in the mail.
Contact Accounts Payable Under Special Circumstances
Do not use firstname.lastname@example.org for past due invoices such as invoice copies, dated invoices, etc., that require further research by a vendor analyst to determine payment status. These invoices should be faxed to the senior vendor analysts or arrangements should be made to scan and email the invoice directly to them.
If a payment requires special handling (expedites, etc.), contact the Help Desk staff or Accounts Payable Manager rather than emailing the invoice to the aforementioned email address.