Step by Step
Determine if Vendor Participates in the Electronic Invoice System. If Vendor Does Not Participate, Continue to Step 2.
Listed below are the vendors who are currently submitting invoices to Accounts Payable via the electronic invoicing process. To eliminate duplication of work, paper invoices from these vendors should no longer be sent to Accounts Payable. This list is constantly updated so please refer to this listing often.
Electronic Invoicing Vendors Vendor # Go Live Date
Agilent Technologies Inc V00224380 05/28/2015 Amergent, Inc. V00652548 03/30/2015 American Type Culture Collection V00227323 12/10/2015 Audio Fidelity Communications Corp.
dba The Whitlock Group
V00223851 11/21/2011 Beckman Coulter Inc. V00220323 11/21/2011 BioLegend, Inc. V00225532 11/21/2011 C and C Electrical Service Inc. V00227278 03/19/2012 Carolina Biological Supply V00220294 03/19/2012 Cayman Chemical V00227143 11/21/2011 CDW Government Inc V00224301 06/02/2015 CorTech LLC V00847176 05/08/2017 Dell Marketing *Punchout Catalog* V00222035 04/16/2012 Dharmacon, Inc. V00224394 11/21/2011 Diamond Springs Water Co. Inc. V00224087 11/21/2011 Envigo RMS Inc (formerly Harlan Labs) V00224135 09/19/2011 Evoqua Water Technologies (formerly Siemens Industry) V00701746 04/24/2014 Fischer International V00851799 10/25/2017 Fisher Scientific *Punchout Catalog* V00220290 10/30/2013 Genewiz, Inc. V00454562 05/11/2015 GenScript USA, Inc. V00225078 04/13/2015 Henry Schein V00220381 02/06/2012 Licor V00223918 02/06/2012 PerkinElmer Health Sciences Inc. V00283797 11/21/2011 Promega Biotec V00220354 03/19/2012 Promotional Considerations V00225027 03/19/2012 Purple Communications, Inc. V00731420 04/21/2015 Qiagen Inc. V00222296 01/09/2013 Quality Biological V00271965 02/06/2012 Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc
V00227247 12/05/2012 Shenandoah Publications Inc. V00449064 11/21/2011 Sigma Aldrich
V00220443 06/20/2013 Uptown Color V00220913 02/06/2012 USA Scientific Plastics V00220615 10/30/2015 VWR *Punchout Catalog* V00220725 02/11/2013 Worth Higgins and Assoc V00227136 05/01/2015
Submission of Invoice to Accounts Payable
- Ensure the purchase order is present in Banner and has been received. See View Purchase Order, Receiving & Payment Information in Banner.
- Original invoices should be mailed to Accounts Payable by the vendor. However, if the vendor sends the original invoice to the department, the department should within 24 hours scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, which has been set up for internal VCU use only.
- Reference the Purchase Order Number in the email subject line, with no additional words/numbers/spaces/symbols.
- Include the scanned invoice, as either a JPG or PDF file attachment.
- A scanned document should include only one original invoice and supporting documents. Multiple invoices should not be submitted together in a single email since they cannot be separated to scan into ImageNow. Only one invoice per scanned document will be processed for payment. The purchase order number must also be on the invoice; otherwise, the email will be returned to the department.
Retain the Original Document in Department's Files
Do not duplicate efforts by sending the scanned copy and then sending the original in the mail.
Expedite Payment Requests
Submit the invoice to email@example.com if it has not been previously sent to Accounts Payable. (cc the appropriate analyst). Please include an explanation the reason for the expedite request. The invoice will be processed accordingly on the next available check run.
Statements and Past Due Invoices
Do not use firstname.lastname@example.org for past due invoices, statements or payment status of invoices. These requests should be emailed or faxed to the senior vendor analysts. Please include with your request any documentation that is available.
Contact the Help Desk staff if you have any questions.