Step by Step
- The use of a P-Card is required for all purchases, unless the purchase exceeds the $5K P-Card transaction limit.
- Personal reimbursements for purchases of office supplies are not permitted.
- Hardcopy catalogs are available at no charge. Individuals can request hardcopy catalogs with their deliveries. You can also request a catalog by placing a QUICK ORDER following the instructions below:
- ) Utilizing the 2nd tab at the top of the punch-out catalog/website
- ) Key item #TSR16CATDPCG
- ) Add item to the shopping cart
- ) You can order multiple quantities for your department.
Purchase and Payment
The preferred option for the purchase of office supplies is through the eVA Punch-Out Catalog. Those with eVA access must purchase through TSRC’s eVA Punch-Out Catalog. To locate TSRC’s Punch-Out Catalog in eVA, users must select “Punch-Out Catalogs” and enter “TSRC” in the search field and then select the Punch-Out Catalog that says “TSRC, Inc VCU.” The use of a P-Card is required for all purchases, unless the purchase exceeds the $5K P-Card transaction limit. Purchasing encourages departments to be mindful of P-card limits and request increased limits as needed to comply with the P-card requirements.
TSRC Web Ordering System
Those without eVA access may order directly from TSRC web ordering system by following the attached instructions to ensure orders are placed using the contract. Any purchase made through the vendors’ web ordering system on a non-grant coded index must have a confirming PCO order entered into eVA prior to the end of the P-Card statement cycle. The PCO number must be recorded in the comments section in Bank of America Works system.
Users should follow these instructions to place orders via the TSRC web ordering system.
- Individuals in the department ordering office supplies should contact TSRC to request a username and password.
- The password will be specific to the individual and protected and controlled by the individual.
- The online ordering home page will display important messages and/or provide links to quick resources to help make the online shopping experience efficient and enjoyable.
- Find compatible inks and toners for your printer by using the Ink and Toner Quick Search.
TSRC has the following representatives dedicated to the VCU account:
Director of Sales Services
804-412-2792 - Desk
VCU Customer Service Representative
The following individuals in VCU Procurement Services can assist with questions:
Jamie Holcomb, APM, CPRS
Browse TSRC's Online Catalog
Any authorized VCU user can visit TSRC's commercial website (www.tsrcinc.net) and log in with the demo credentials to view the VCU-specific pricing, build an order/print the cart contents, or search for new items. Contact Procurement Services for username and password.
Same-day delivery: TSRC provides standard next-day delivery on orders placed by 5 P.M. Departments should plan sufficiently in advance to place orders for next-day delivery. However, when circumstances require it, requests may be made under the TSRC contract for same-day delivery. The department must coordinate this directly with TSRC customer service, who will make every effort to make the delivery same-day, though it will not always be possible.
Over the counter purchases: In urgent situations requiring same-day delivery which cannot be achieved by TSRC, VCU departments may go to Staples. This is the only brick-and-mortar option that will be permitted for urgent-need office supplies. This option should only be used in circumstances where TSRC cannot meet the department’s delivery deadline. Departments must provide an email confirmation from TSRC stating they cannot meet the same day delivery deadline.
- I am having trouble accessing TSRC’s Punch-Out catalog in eVA.
- I found the same office supply item at a lower price through another office supply vendor. Can I buy it from the other office supply vendor?
- My department currently has Dell printers which require Dell toners. Can I purchase the toners from Dell?
- Do I have to purchase break-room (coffee, candy, paper plates, plastic utensils, etc.) and cleaning supplies through this contract?
- Are orders purchased by MCV Foundation a part of this contract?
- Who do I contact for questions regarding the office supply contract, P-Card, and eVA issues?
- Do I have to purchase furniture from TSRC?
- What documentation should I use for my P-Card reconciliations?
- Why was my virgin paper automatically replaced with recycled paper?
- Do I have to purchase toner through TSRC?
- Are printer repair services included as part of the Office Supply contract?
- What if TSRC cannot provide an item?
- Why aren’t my items being delivered to where I want them?
- Does TSRC recycle toner cartridges?
I am having trouble accessing TSRC’s Punch-Out catalog in eVA.
You are probably experiencing a browser issue. To fix, you should try to run the eVA Browser Optimizer. If that does not work, then you should call eVA Customer Care at 1-866-289-7367 to have it fixed. If you are still experiencing issues after speaking with eVA Customer Care, please contact University Purchasing at 828-1077.
I found the same office supply item at a lower price through another office supply vendor. Can I buy it from the other office supply vendor?
No. No purchases from any other office supply contract and/or vendor are allowed. Pricing was negotiated based on VCU’s aggregate spend, not by line item. University Purchasing encourages departments to purchase off the Core Item list whenever possible. Also, TSRC offers generic brand items as part of this contract. Purchasing encourages departments to ask their sales representative for more information regarding the generic brand items and purchase the generic brand whenever possible for further cost savings. TSRC, when possible, will try to accommodate price matching.
My department currently has Dell printers which require Dell toners. Can I purchase the toners from Dell?
If your department has a model which requires Dell toners, then you may purchase through Dell. However, many Dell printers now work with substitute brand toners. If your department has a model that has substitutes available through TSRC, you should purchase through the office supply contract. Departments can check to see if substitute toners are available on TSRC Punch-Out catalog and website.
University Purchasing encourages departments to research the life cycle cost of purchasing Dell printers which require Dell toners versus the life cycle cost of other brands of printers to ensure the most cost-effective procurement decisions are being made.
Toners for any piece of office equipment that has an established Service Agreement through the manufacturer which specifies the toner or includes the toner as part of the Agreement shall be purchased through the Service Agreement.
Do I have to purchase break-room (coffee, candy, paper plates, plastic utensils, etc.) and cleaning supplies through this contract?
The intent in establishing this contract is to cover the purchases of general office supplies. Break-room supplies such as coffee, candy, food, paper plates, plastic utensils, paper towels, napkins, and cleaning supplies may be purchased from TSRC, or they may be purchased from another source (grocery store, drug store, Wal-Mart, etc.).
Who do I contact for questions regarding the office supply contract, P-Card, and eVA issues?
For questions regarding the office supply contract, please contact Jame Holcomb with University Purchasing at 628-2877.
For questions regarding the P-Card program (including obtaining a P-Card or increasing limits to a current P-Card), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For eVA performance issues, please contact eVA Customer Care at 1-866-289-7367 or eVACustomerCare@dgs.virginia.gov.
Do I have to purchase furniture from TSRC?
No. Departments may obtain quotes and place orders with any vendor that sells office furniture up to $10,000. Departments are encouraged to seek competitive pricing in the marketplace to manage costs for VCU.
- PCO - electronic copy uploaded and attached to the transaction in Works
- Packing slips (if applicable)
- Supporting emails, documents or approvals
Purchasers who do not have eVA access and purchase office supplies on grant funds must retain the following documentation:
- Order confirmation(s)
- Order detail. A print-out of the order on The Supply Rooms website is acceptable.
- Packing slips (if applicable)
Why was my virgin paper automatically replaced with recycled paper?
TSRC have been instructed by VCU Purchasing to automatically substitute virgin paper orders with equivalent grade recycled paper (at least 30% recycled content) in order to comply with the VCU requirement to purchase only recycled paper in support of sustainability initiatives.
Are printer repair services included as part of the Office Supply contract?
No. Printer repair services are not included in the Office Supply contract. Departments may use the vendor of their choice within department delegation.
What if TSRC cannot provide an item?
All departments must purchase general office supplies, which include paper and toner, from TSRC. Non-general office supplies (software, breakroom supplies, furniture) may be purchased from TSRC, or they may be purchased from other vendors. Specialty items that are not found in TSRC’s Punch-Out catalog may be purchased from other vendors. All paper purchases must be made from TSRC.
Why aren’t my items being delivered to where I want them?
Please ensure that the “Ship-To” and “Deliver-To” information on purchase requisitions accurately reflect where the order needs to be delivered. The “Ship-To” location must be the physical location (address). The “Deliver-To location” must be the room number and name of the person to whom the delivery should be made once inside the building. Purchasers who order office supplies for multiple delivery locations need to select the appropriate “Ship-to” address for each order. Separate purchase orders need to be made for each delivery location. If items need to be delivered to a location that is not loaded in eVA, please contact email@example.com and request that location be added. This addition will take overnight to show in eVA.
Does TSRC recycle toner cartridges?
Yes. You may simply give used toner cartridges to the TSRC driver next time he makes a delivery. Or, if you would like to schedule a specific pick-up of used cartridges, please call TSRC customer service (above) and they will schedule a pickup for you.
For More Information