Departments are responsible for identifying the necessary hotel facilities, equipment (e.g. audio visual equipment) and catering service requirements for their specific events.
Step by Step
Verify the Need for a “Green” Facility
When selecting hotel facilities for events with 50 or more attendees taking place within the Commonwealth, departments must choose “green” facilities as outlined in Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s Executive Order #82.
Obtain a Price Quote
When obtaining a price quote,departments should:
- Obtain competition from 2 or more vendors and negotiate the best deal
- Attempt to negotiate the lowest possibleservice charge / gratuity and
- Ensure that no service charge / gratuity is applied to lodging rooms or meeting rooms.
Obtain a Certificate of Insurance, if Applicable
The Office of Insurance and Risk Management can provide you with a certificate of insurance on behalf of the University. When required to provide a certificate, complete the Request for Certificate of Insurance form and submit to the office as far in advance of the date required as possible.
Return the completed form to Insurance and Risk Management at P.O. Box 843040, Richmond, Va., 23284-3040 or fax to (804) 828-8510.
Please note: VCU cannot name any third party as an additional insured on the state’s liability coverage. We also cannot enter into any indemnification agreement running to a third party.
Create a Purchase Order
View Create a Requisition/Purchase Order for instructions.
Submit Vendor Contract for Signature, if Applicable
Payments Due the Day of the Event Require Special HandlingUse the procedures below to process special handling payments:
- Pay a Vendor
- Notify Manager of Travel & Reimbursement at least 10 days in advance of the event that payment is required the day of the event. Provide the Manager with the Purchase Order number and a copy of the contract.
- Complete Receiving in Banner at least 10 days in advance of the event in order for Accounts Payable to process the payment.
- Follow the check release procedures for payment pick-up: Check Release Procedures.
For More Information
Travel & Corporate Card Services »
912 W. Grace Street, 5th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23284