Step by Step
Qualifying for Overtime Status
An overtime meal allowance is allowed when overtime work is:
- essential to the University's mission
- permitted by University policy
- approved by appropriate University personnel, and
- in excess of the employee’s normal, scheduled work hours
Know the Reimbursement Limits
Authorized overtime meals may be reimbursed based on actual costs incurred for each meal up to $7.50 outside the official station or up to $5 within an employee's official station. An official station is defined as the area within a 25-mile radius of where an employee routinely performs his/her duties.
- Itemized receipt
- Number of hours in the field must be indicated in the Notes section of the Overtime Meal widget within Chrome River
Report the Meal Allowance to Payroll Services.
The University is required to comply with IRS regulations regarding reportable meals. An overtime meal allowance based on the number of hours worked is considered taxable wages and must be reported to Payroll Services by the submitting department.
For More Information