Table of Contents
- Controller’s Office
- Grants & Contracts
- JotForms Impacted by Maintenance
- JotForms Coming in Spring 2023
- G&C Hiring for New Position!
- Post-Award Compliance Analyst
- Effort Reporting- Reminder of Upcoming Effort Periods
- Upcoming Effort Reporting Training
- Procurement Services
- VCU’s Bill To Address Changes
- FY23 & FY24 P-Card Canvas Training and Test – Deadline Friday, 4/28
Now is a great time to get started on your annual ARMICS testing. Provost and Health Services are due May 5th and Central units are due May26th.
To comply, the following must be completed within the ARMICS database:
- ARMICS documentation must be completed and controls tested.
- The ARMICS certification must be submitted. (If a major weakness is found, contact Heather Seymour prior to certifying.)
Various resources are available in the ARMICS database under "Resources." Additionally. two mini-training videos can be found on the Controller's Office ARMICS webpage.
Grants & Contracts
JotForms Impacted by Maintenance
- Pre-Closeout Action Form
- Advanced Index Request Form
- Cost Transfer Request Form
- ECC Access Request Form
Lastly, we are getting ready to publish some new forms in the coming weeks and look forward to working with you all to improve our processes and reduce burden. If anyone would like to be involved in the development of these new forms, please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JotForms Coming in Spring 2023
- Sub-Index Request Form
- Fixed Price Closeout Form
G&C Hiring for New Position!
G&C is excited to be hiring for a brand-new position in our unit! A brief description of the position is detailed below along with a link to the job posting for additional details. We are hoping to fill this position as quickly as possible, and for now it is open only to VCU internal candidates. Please forward to anyone who may be interested.
Post-Award Compliance Analyst
The Post-Award Compliance Analyst will be Reporting to the Assistant Director of G&C, this position will be responsible for proactively monitoring financial post-award areas of concern, providing training to the research administration community, and contributing to process improvement and policy interpretation. A core component of this position will be working collaboratively with the G&C Team Managers & Accountants, Controller’s Office, Division of Sponsored Programs, Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation, VCU School of Medicine administration, various departments/colleges/units within the University, and other Commonwealth institutions. Apply Here
Effort Reporting- Reminder of Upcoming Effort Periods
The pre-review period for MCV Campus is now open in ECC. Effort Coordinators will have the entire month of March to pre-review the statements for the MCV Campus before the certification period opens in April. Please log into ECC and pre-review your statements as soon as possible to avoid delays in the certification.
Lastly, Monroe Park Faculty, please log into ECC to complete your certification (project and effort statements). The certification period closes on April 30, 2023, for the Monroe Park campus.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Upcoming Effort Reporting Training
Please join us for our upcoming Advanced Effort Training session on April 14, 2023, via Zoom. A brief description of the course is listed below:
- This advanced training is designed for individuals who have a level of familiarity with ECC but would like to fully utilize the system and gain a better understanding of some of the compliance guidelines that govern effort reporting. Topics that will be covered include the NIH Salary Cap, Highly Sponsored Faculty, and a series of reports available through ECC. We hope you take the time to sign up, have your questions answered, and learn how to use ECC to its full potential!
VCU’s Bill To Address Changes
Vendors should submit invoices to VCU's "Bill to" address specified on the purchase order. Failure to send the invoice to the specified "Bill to" address could delay payment. If you receive an invoice, please send the invoice to VCU.Invoices@trustflowds.com.
FY23 & FY24 P-Card Canvas Training and Test – Deadline Friday, 4/28
The FY23 & FY24 P-Card Canvas Training and Test has launched on Canvas! All Cardholders and Approvers are required to complete the annual test to re-certify their compliance with the terms and conditions of the P-Card program.
Users must complete the training(s) and test(s) by Friday April 28th. Cardholder and/or Approver privileges are automatically suspended if this required training is not completed by the deadline. Users can access training Here or by Logging in to Canvas
- Log into Canvas using your VCU eID and password
- Click on the “Courses” tab in the navigation bar.
- Click on All Courses and Browse for More Courses
- Enter “P-CARD” for Corporate Purchasing Card (P-Card)
- Click “Search”
- Click Join this Course
- Click the “Enroll” button, and then click the Submit button on the following page to complete enrollment.