Step by Step
The following items are currently exempt from eVA. If an eVA requisition is required, the purchase order category must be entered as X02.
- Corporate purchasing card for over-the-counter purchases at the merchant’s place of business
- Conference registration fees
- Professional organizational membership dues
- Medical (Health Care) services when services are provided by a hospital or an individual. Contracts and purchase orders between the agency or institution and temporary service providers or independent laboratory testing companies are not exempt from purchasing through eVA.
- Contracts with certain public and private hospitals, medical practices and medical clinics, when the purpose of the contract is to provide on-site mentoring and practical experience to medical students enrolled in state institutions of higher education.
- Contracts with certain public and private hospitals, as well as pharmacy chains and independent pharmacies, when the purpose of the contract is to provide on-site mentoring and practical experience to pharmacy students enrolled in state institutions of higher education.
- Advertisements such as in newspapers, magazines, journals, radio or television
- Public utilities, such as electric, gas, water and sewer
- Government-to-government purchases, other than purchases from Virginia Correctional Enterprises, Virginia Industries for the Blind, Virginia Distribution Center and Office of Graphic Communications
- Accreditation fees and academic testing services
- Express delivery services, such as UPS or FedEx
- Postage paid to U.S. Postal Service
- Debit dollars
- Travel and lodging
- Sponsored programs sub awards
- Employee reimbursements
- Real estate (Real Estate and Transportation departments only)
- Postdoctoral and pre-doctoral payment
- Award or Prize
- Entertainment (speakers, lecturers, musicians, performing artist)
- Exhibition rental fees for exhibitions of historical artifacts or original works of art. (The rental fee may include charges other than the rental of the exhibition, such as transportation costs.)
- Individual providing instructional services in conjunction with a contract between an institution of higher education, and a local business for non-credit workforce development classes to be provided by the institution of higher education.
For More Information
Patricia Shazer, APM
Operational Systems Associate Manager
804-828-5067 | Email »