Departments are encouraged to utilize an authorized, cooperative contract for household moving services.
Step by Step
Select the Vendor:
Using a Contact Vendor
The University utilizes a number of cooperative contracts for common carriers. These are optional use contracts, however departments are encouraged to use them because they have been established through a competitive process, and the companies have agreed to terms and conditions favorable to VCU. If utilizing a contract vendor, the department must obtain at least one quote based on the contract pricing. When contacting a contract vendor, the department must inform the vendor that they will be utilizing the VCU/VASCUPP contract.
Web / Email Phone
* Contact the primary agent listed for the carrier Dunmar Moving Systems Yes http://www.dunmar.com/
540-553-5468 * Premier Transfer and Storage, Inc./Mayflower Transit, LLC. Yes http://www.movepremier.com
* The Hilldrup Companies / United Van Lines Yes http://www.hilldrup.com/
888-545-1068 * American of Virginia / Atlas Van Lines No http://www.americanofvirginia.com/
540-942-5166 Apple Transfer, Inc. No http://www.appletransfer.com/
800-927-7539 Armstrong Relocation No http://www.armstronglocalmovers.com/
800-239-5257 Collins Brothers Moving & Storage, LLC No http://www.collinsbros.com/
800-861-4730 Lawrence Transportation Systems No http://lawrencetransportation.com/
Using a Non-Contract Vendor
If not utilizing a contract vendor, the department must solicit a minimum of three (3) quotes from vendors and select the vendor who provided the most competitive quote.
For more information regarding contract sources or the three (3) quote solicitation process, please contact:
Qatar Purchasing Senior Buyer
Create a Purchase Requisition
Send the Price Quote(s) to the Purchasing Buyer
Submit the following required documentation to Travel & Reimbursement Services to pay the vendor upon completion of services.
- Moving and Relocation Agreement
- Employee Moving and Relocation Expense Information Form (Please note that any reimbursements to the employee should be submitted on a separate form)
- Final vendor invoice with applicable packing slips (Please note that estimates will not be accepted as the final invoice and the vendor information shown on the invoice letterhead must match the vendor listed on the Purchase Order)
- Purchase Order # (i.e. EP#)
For More Information
Travel & Corporate Card Services »
912 W. Grace Street, 5th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23284