Step by Step
Select the Vendor:
Using a Contact Vendor
The University utilizes a number of cooperative contracts for common carriers. These are optional use contracts, however we encourage their use because they have been established through a competitive process and the companies have agreed to terms and conditions favorable to VCU. If utilizing a contract vendor, you must obtain at least one quote based on the contract pricing. When contacting a contract vendor, you must inform the vendor that they will be utilizing the VCU/VASCUPP contract.
Web / Email Phone
* Contact the primary agent listed for the carrier Dunmar Moving Systems / Allied Van Lines Yes http://www.dunmar.com/
804-714-2528 * Premier Transfer and Storage, Inc. / Mayflower Transit, LLC. Yes http://www.movepremier.com
* The Hilldrup Companies / United Van Lines Yes http://www.hilldrup.com/
888-545-1068 * American of Virginia / Atlas Van Lines No http://www.americanofvirginia.com/
540-942-5166 Apple Transfer, Inc. No http://www.appletransfer.com/
800-927-7539 Collins Brothers Moving & Storage, LLC No http://www.collinsbros.com/
800-861-4730 Lawrence Transportation Systems No http://lawrencetransportation.com/
540-966-4509 Wheaton World Wide Moving Yes http://www.wheatonworldwide.com
Using a Non-Contract Vendor
You are allowed to use a vendor that is not on contract, but if you do, you must retrieve quotes from the vendor and submit them to your department as instructed below.
Collect Quotes from Non-Contract Vendors and Submit Them To Your Department
- If using a contracted vendor, quotes are not required.
- If not using a contracted vendor and expenses are less than $10,000, only a single quote is required.
- If not using a contracted vendor and expenses are $10,000 and over, three (3) quotes are required. The lowest quote should be used. Departments are encouraged to contact Procurement Services for guidance.