Table of Contents
- Business Services
- AppleCare+ for Schools Available at RamTech
- Grants & Contracts
- Topic Highlight: Online Training Opportunities
- COVID-19 and Agency/Sponsor Guidance:
- Grants and Contracts Monthly Training:
- Effort Reporting
- Upcoming Effort Training Opportunities
- Current and Prior Certification Periods
- G&C's Year-End Schedule:
- Procurement Services
- John Mchugh Joins Procurement Services as Director
- 2020 Procurement Services Year-End Schedule Available
- Missing Encumbrance Description
AppleCare+ for Schools Available at RamTech
AppleCare+ for Schools now provides three or four-year hardware coverage for Macs, and 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone. Additionally, AppleCare+ for Schools now covers devices for four years, including two incidents per year, as opposed to the previous coverage of two incidents over three years. For questions, contact Erinn Budd, Assistant Manager of RamTech, at email@example.com or 804-828-TECH.
All departmental orders that need to be charged to FY20 will have to be purchased by Friday, June 12th. Though our physical location is currently closed, departments are able to coordinate all orders with either Erinn Budd, firstname.lastname@example.org or Justin Carrico at email@example.com.
About RamTech: RamTech is VCU's self-operated technology store and showroom at 930 West Grace Street. They are VCU's source for educational-priced Apple computers, Dell computers, and technology accessories. RamTech also has an in-house tech repair shop, fixIT, that offers free fully-certified in-warranty computer repairs and affordable educationally-priced out-of-warranty service. Full time VCU faculty and staff qualify for no-fee, no-interest payroll deduction where payments can be split across an entire year.
Grants & Contracts Accounting
Topic Highlight: Online Training Opportunities
This month, we will be highlighting videos and/or webinars to help the research community with understanding impact of COVID-19. These webinars or videos will be from National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) and National Institute of Health (NIH)’s.
- “NIH’s Supporting Yourself and Your Trainees during the Coronavirus Pandemic”:
- “Update on COVID-19 Flexibilities for the Research Community:”
- “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding”
- “NCURA Research Administration in a Time of Disruption: The Impact of COVID-19 on University Research Environment and Management”
COVID-19 and Agency/Sponsor Guidance:
Agencies and entities are issuing guidance on COVID-19. A comprehensive listing of guidance, from the Council of Government Relations, is available via the link below along with other related guidance.
Grants and Contracts Monthly Training:
May’s Grants and Contracts monthly training will be held via Zoom. As the day approaches, the related zoom link will be provided to participants. Should anything change, we will notify the registered participants. Thank you.
We are currently working with Human Resources and Payroll to update our current earn code listing to reflect COVID related earn codes. Updates will be available on the link below.
Upcoming Effort Training Opportunities
- Effort Reporting & ECRT System - Basic on May 13, 2020 from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Current and Prior Certification Periods
- The Quarterly Effort Period 12/10/19 - 03/09/19 recently opened for certification on April 15, 2020, and will close on June 14, 2020.
- The Quarterly Effort Period 09/10/19 - 12/09/19, has effort statements awaiting certification. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
- The Fall Semester Effort Period 08/10/19 - 12/24/19 recently closed and contains effort statements awaiting certification. Additionally, the Summer Semester Effort Period 05/10/19 - 08/09/19 still has effort statements awaiting processing. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
- The Semi-Annual Effort Periods 12/10/18 - 06/09/19 and 06/10/19 - 12/10/19 have effort statements awaiting certification. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
G&C's Year-End Schedule:
The University’s cutoff time for creates in FY2020 is on June 19th at 2:00PM. Create requests, received by Grants and Contracts Accounting, after June 15th will be completed only as time permits.
On behalf of Grants and Contracts Accounting and Effort Reporting, we appreciate your continued partnership and assistance. Thank you. Take care.
John Mchugh Joins Procurement Services as Director
On May 1, after a decade of service and commitment to VCU and its mission, Mark Roberts officially retired. Please join Procurement Services in congratulating Mark, celebrating his numerous accomplishments as Director of both Procurement Services and Grants and Contracts, and in thanking him for his principled leadership, mentorship, and support. Although he will be sorely missed, we wish Mark the best in this exciting new chapter of life.
Please also join the Office of Procurement Services in welcoming John Mchugh, who will serve as Director beginning May 11. John brings a wealth of procurement knowledge and experience, including implementing Jaggaer (RealSource) and launching the transformation of travel and expense management at UVA. John is “looking forward to applying his procure-to-pay experience by increasing sources of goods and services while striking a balance between necessary large suppliers and small (SWaM) suppliers uniquely positioned to support VCU’s mission." John holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Elon University. He is a C.P.M. and a VASCUPP Certified Procurement Officer.
We are excited to have John, a collaborative, innovative procurement leader with proven ability to align purchasing strategies with institutional mission and need, at the helm of the VCU Procurement Services Team.
2020 Procurement Services Year-End Schedule Available
Procurement Services 2020 year-end schedule is now available. Please find that document here:
This document includes submission and processing deadlines by transaction type for the 2020 fiscal year end. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the appropriate team or Procurement Services at 828 1077.
Missing Encumbrance Description
The travel team continues to work with Chrome River IT to resolve the missing encumbrance description. In the meantime, we are providing an alternative process to assist you with researching. Step-by-step instructions are located on the Chrome River dashboard.
You can always reach out to a Travel Services team member if you have any questions at Travel@vcu.edu.
Thank you for your patience.