Table of Contents
- Grants & Contracts Accounting
- Thank You: Fringe Rate Adjustment And December FFRs
- Partial Federal Government Shutdown:
- What Should We Do, If A Sponsor Sends An Award Directly To The Principal Investigator And/Or Department Administrative Staff?
- Subaccount Form/Grant Establishment
- Your Assistance Is Needed With Upcoming Effort Reporting Deadlines:
- Procurement Services
- RealSource Status & Training Update
- eVA Purchasing/Banner Receiving Manual Updated with Banner 9 instructions
- P-Card Classroom Trainings Resume
- Index/Department Number Changes
- Events Held at Breweries
- 1099 Vendor Reporting Update
Grants & Contracts Accounting
Thank You: Fringe Rate Adjustment And December FFRs
The Grants and Contracts Accounting (G&C) team appreciates your assistance with fielding inquires sent and the partnership. The FFRs for December were successfully submitted. Please know your partnership and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Partial Federal Government Shutdown:
Tina, AVP of Office Sponsored Programs, provided guidance on the overall impact. Click Tina AVP OSP Mail - Guidance During Federal Partial Shutdown 1-2-19.pdf and Guidance from Federal Agencies Subject to the Partial Shutdown (1).pdf for a copy of the guidance and a listing of Federal Agencies impacted.
Grants and Contracts Accounting will be working directly with the departments impacted by the partial shutdown. Communications from related Sponsors will be supplied to impacted departments. Guidance received thus far has given more specific dates as to how long we can expect certain Federal Agencies to be in operation during the shutdown. When possible, we will partner with the departments while those agencies are temporarily open to address concerns, reports, and/or reimbursement requests. We are happy to report, that the related quarterly reports and reimbursement requests for the current reporting period were successfully submitted to DOJ prior to their suggested date of January 18th (which also serves as their official close date for the shutdown).
The direct impact that may be felt at this time will be in the area of administrative support services and reimbursement of costs. This is because our partners at the Agencies may not be available to approve certain requests due to the shutdown. Additional examples of other areas that may also be potentially impacted are federal facilities, federal conferences, and IPAs related to the impacted Federal Agencies.
Additional resources are copied below. Please feel free to contact G&C if there are questions.
- Office of Management and Budget Agency Contingency Plans: https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/information-for-agencies/agency-contingency-plans/
- Frequently Asked Questions During a Lapse in Appropriations: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Frequently-Asked-Questions-During-a-Lapse-in-Appropriations.pdf
- Special Instructions for Agencies Affected by a Possible Lapse in Appropriations Starting on December 22, 2018: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Special-Instructions-for-a-Possible-December-22-Lapse.pdf
- NSF: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/shutdown19001/shutdown19001.pdf
- NASA: https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/181218_revised_shutdown_plan.pdf
What Should We Do, If A Sponsor Sends An Award Directly To The Principal Investigator And/Or Department Administrative Staff?
Per the Sponsored Programs Award Review, Negotiation, Acceptance and Notification Policy, “Only an Authorized Official may execute agreements on behalf of VCU. Please forward the agreement to the Office of Sponsored Programs via the RAMS‐SPOT system for review and negotiation.” Additional guidance is provided in the link below.
Sponsored Programs Award Review, Negotiation, Acceptance and Notification: https://policy.vcu.edu/sites/default/files/Sponsored Programs Award Review, Negotiation, Acceptance and Notification.pdf.
Subaccount Form/Grant Establishment
A copy of the subaccount form will be updated on our website in the near future. For now, to access a copy of the form, please click Internal Subaccount Index Request_v073018.xlsx. This form will assist the home department, sub-department, and G&C will partnering and managing post award matters. On behalf of G&C, we would like the OSP and G&C Handoff committee for the new form.
Your Assistance Is Needed With Upcoming Effort Reporting Deadlines:
- The certification period for the Second Quarter Term (09/10/18 to 12/09/18) will be released on 01/15/19, and certifications will be due by 03/14/19.
- The certification period for the Fall Semester Term (08/10/18 to 12/24/18) will be released on 01/22/19, and certifications will be due by 03/21/19.
- Your assistance is needed with past Effort Reporting deadlines
- Outstanding certifications for the following periods are overdue:
- The certification period for the Fourth Quarter Term (03/10/18 through 06/09/18) was extended to 09/21/18.
- The certification period for the Summer Semester Term (05/10/18 through 08/09/18) was released on 09/24/18, with a certification deadline of 11/25/18.
- The certification period for the Second Semi-Annual Term (12/10/2017 through 06/09/2018) was released on 10/08/18, with a certification deadline of 12/07/18.
- The certification period for the First Quarter Term (06/10/18 through 09/09/18) was released on 10/15/18, with a certification deadline of 12/14/18.
Please encourage your certifiers with outstanding statements to certify as soon as possible, and please process any certified statements you may have in your queue. Our office continues to follow up on these as well.
If you have any questions or need assistance with Effort, please feel free to contact Effort Reporting at email@example.com.
RealSource Status & Training Update
Good News! The RealSource project team has substantially completed the configuration of RealSource’s supplier master, requisitioning, PO, receiving and invoice systems. The team is also testing, developing the training program, and resolving outstanding issues to ensure the university’s new source-to-pay system will work as-designed.
The supplier manager system (TSM) will move into production in late February, which will allow the vendor on-boarding process to begin for existing VCU vendors. Not to fret, the launch of TSM and vendor on-boarding will “not” be visible to or impact departments. Departments will continue to process requests to create or update vendors as they currently do
Training plans have shifted from January to Feb/Mar 2019, which is closer to the currently projected go-live date
Please be sure to check https://realsource.vcu.edu for any updates about the project, upcoming training sessions or other announcements. If you have any questions, you can use the html form provided on the project website or call the RealSource Project Office.
eVA Purchasing/Banner Receiving Manual Updated with Banner 9 instructions
The eVA Purchasing/Banner Receiving manual has been updated on the Procurement Services website with the Banner 9 receiving, document history and Vendor lookup instructions. Please contact Procurement Services with any eVA or Banner receiving questions at 828-1077, press option 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
P-Card Classroom Trainings Resume
P-card classes will resume the first week in February for all new and existing Cardholders. In addition, Approver training will be held once this Spring in March. Come learn about your new P-card or refresh your Works skills and policy knowledge!
Please register on training.vcu.edu using the keyword “pcard.”
Index/Department Number Changes
Corpcard has a noticed an uptick in indexes being moved by FA’s to new or existing department numbers. Index moves can have an impact on allocation profiles as well as card defaults in Works. Cardholders will be unable to allocate or sign off on charges that do not have a valid combination of department number and index. Please contact Corpcard immediately to update card defaults and/or allocation profiles for affected cardholders when an index is moved.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact Corpcard@vcu.edu.
Events Held at Breweries
Events/meals at breweries such as Hardywood, Stone Brewery, Triple Crossing, etc. cannot be paid for via P-card. These establishments have a Merchant Category Code (MCC) for “Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages), Bars, Taverns, Cocktail lounges, Nightclubs.” This MCC is included in the Fraud restriction table placed on all P-cards and that Corpcard must not lift. Events must be paid for via Purchase Order and meals may be reimbursed.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact Corpcard@vcu.edu.
1099 Vendor Reporting Update
In case you are contacted by a vendor regarding the issuance of the 2018 IRS 1099s, please advised the vendor that we are currently preparing them for mailing. They will be mailed on/around January 18, 2019. If after January 31, 2019, the vendor has indicated they have not received their form, they may contact Marvin Lee (Procurement Services) at 804-828-6977 or email@example.com.