Effective May 1, 2013 the Agency Travel Card (ATC) will not be available for new travel bookings. Departments will have the option to purchase air and rail tickets with the P-Card, the Travel Card, or a personal credit card. The cardholder will also have the option to obtain an Air and Rail P-Card which can be used solely for booking air and rail travel.
- As of May 1, 2013 the Agency Travel Card (ATC) will not be available for new travel bookings. The card is suspended from additional charges. If you incur a change fee, please expense the charge with a department P-card or personal credit card.
- The P-Cardholder is the only person authorized to use the card. If the cardholder will be away from the University for an extended period, another person in the department should obtain a card.
- Travel pre-approval is required for air and rail ticket purchases over $500.
- P-Card purchases for air and rail travel do not need to be entered in eVA.
Benefits of Using the P-Card to Book Air and Rail Tickets
- Enables departments to purchase tickets from their agent or tool of choice
- Reduces errors and turn around time by travel agencies of tracking and providing Banner index code data for journal vouchers
- Air/rail ticket charges accrue directly to the Banner index tied to the P-card
- Eliminates potential traveler out-of-pocket expenses for air/rail tickets (such as what may occur with a Travel Card or personal credit card)
- A separate card exclusive to air and rail travel will establish internal controls, allow for separate transaction/monthly limits and eliminate confusion.
Step by Step
Know Your P-Card Options
- Obtain an Air/Rail P-Card
It is recommended that cardholders obtain an Air and Rail P-Card solely for booking air and rail tickets. An Air and Rail P-Card will be required for a transaction limit over $10,000.
A new corporate purchasing card agreement form should be completed by selecting the “Air and Rail Card Only” option and sent to Corporate Card Services. The Air and Rail P-Card will be green to distinguish the card from the standard blue P-Card. First time P-Cardholder applicants and reviewers will need to successfully complete the annual P-Card Training.
- Request a Limit Increase and Lift Air/Rail Restriction to Existing P-Card
P-Card reviewers should contact email@example.com to request an increase to their P-Card limits (transaction and monthly) and/or to have the airfare and rail restriction lifted. Please provide the following information:
- Cardholder’s name and last four digits of the P-Card
- Amount of the transaction/monthly limit increase
The general guideline for the transaction limit increase is as follows:
Travel Type Transaction Limit Monthly Limit Domestic $2,500 $5,000 International $10,000 $15,000 Group Consult with Corporate Card Services
Note: An Air and Rail P-Card will be required for a transaction limit over $10,000..
- Obtain an Air/Rail P-Card
Book Air and Rail Tickets
View Learn about Transportation Options to understand the VCU travel requirements.
Complete Online Reconciliation
Documentation showing actual charges incurred is required to validate charges and should be sent to the Reviewer for online reconciliation.
For More Information
Travel & Corporate Card Services »
10 S. 6th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219