Table of Contents
- Procurement Services
- Procurement Services New Location
- Chrome River Enhancements – New Mileage Widget and New Features Webpage
- Christopherson Business Travel Online Booking Tool - New User Interface (Reminder)
- Travel Advance Reminder
- Invoice Submission by VCU Departments
- Procurement Services Classes
- Controller's Office
- Grants & Contracts Accounting/Effort Report Updates
- Effort Reporting and ECRT Updates
- ePrint Budget Reports
The University is reminded that Procurement Services is now located on the Monroe Park Campus at the 912 W. Grace Street Building on the 5th floor.
Please feel free to stop by to ask questions, seek assistance or just say "hello".
The employee mileage widget has been enhanced. To see details, as well as other enhancement and upcoming features, please visit our website: http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/travel/chrome-river-enhancements-and-new-features/
For more information, please contact Ashley Verdecchia at email@example.com or 628-2887.
Christopherson Business Travel's Online Booking Tool (OBT) has recently launched a new user-interface. The new look is intended to be more pleasing to the eye as well as provide a more seamless experience.
While the bulk of the OBT functions remain largely unchanged, there are two notable differences that our users should be aware of:
- If you are a delegate and are booking travel for someone else, in order to do so, click on "Profile" in the upper right hand corner. The box that pops up will have "I am a delegate or travel assistant" selected by default. Simply type the name of the individual you are booking travel for in the bar labeled "Enter a Name", and you will be able to book travel on that person's behalf.
- In order to book travel for a guest, you must click on "Book for a Guest" located just beneath the words "Trip Search" on the left-hand side of the page. Doing so will allow you to book travel for a guest traveler.
If you have any questions or encounter any issues with the new user interface of the OBT, please contact Ashley Verdecchia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 628-2887.
Travelers are reminded that travel advances must be reconciled within 30 days of the last date of travel. If a travel advance remains unreconciled past 45 days from the last date of travel, the full amount of the travel advance will be recovered through payroll deduction, the department will be charged a $50 administrative late fee, and additional travel advances will not be issued to the individual.
Travelers certify in Chrome River that they understand the responsibility of timely reconciliation of the travel advance and the repercussions of a delinquent travel advance.
More information on travel advance procedures can be found on the Procurement Services website under: Request a Travel Advance: http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/travel/request-a-travel-advance/
- Original invoices should be mailed to Accounts Payable by the vendor. However, if the vendor mails the original invoice to the department, the department may scan it and email it to email@example.com, which has been set up for internal VCU use only
- Reference the purchase order number in the subject line of the email
- Attach the scanned invoice
- A scanned document should include only one original invoice and supporting documents. Multiple invoices should not be scanned together as one document since they cannot be separated to scan into ImageNow. Only one invoice per scanned document will be processed for payment. The purchase order number must also be on the invoice; otherwise, the email will be returned to the department
Please do not email invoices directly to the analyst for processing.
Further information can be found on Procurement Services website.
Procurement Services offers many different classroom and online training opportunities. A full list and brief description of each class can be found on the Procurement Services website under Training and Support Services. http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/receive-training/
To register for available classroom classes, go to http://training.vcu.edu/. Choose “Office of Procurement Services” under “Sponsor”. Select the appropriate class and follow the instructions to register. Please note: Registrants are encouraged to keep an eye on their e-mail in the week preceding a class. Low registration numbers will result in a class cancellation.
To access classes available on Blackboard, go to http://blackboard.vcu.edu/ using your VCU eID and password and click on the “Courses” tab in the top row. Search by the class title.
FYI and further distribution:
Federal Uniform Guidance - On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Guidance that replaced the administrative, accounting, audit rules and principles currently promulgated in OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, and A-133. The Uniform Administrative Requirements, and Cost Principles found at www.ecfr.gov applies to new and incremental funding awarded on or after December 26, 2014. Existing Federal awards will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions under which they were awarded.
New links to VCU references such as the Uniform Guidance Quick Reference Guide are continuous. Additional links will be added on both the Controller and OSP websites as new guidance is available.
Animal Use Charges (DAR) - For any sponsored project that is incurring monthly animal cage use charges, towards close-out upon receipt of a 90 Day Notice, or when requesting an Advance Index, please provide the Animal Care Facility with the new index, and/or inform them of the expiring index. This will help reduce cost transfers and minimize other non-compliance or non-payment risks.
- Reminder - Final Expenditure Reports (FER) – FERs issued by G&C Accountants and forwarded to Principal Investigators or Administrators for certification satisfy the required review of the final financial activity of the budget year or project year. The FER used by G&C Accountants has been recently revised to identify carry-forward (if applicable) to be requested by the P.I. on budget year awards where not already specifically allowed by sponsor award type. The FER certification is required on all federal projects, and is consistently applied to all sponsored projects as verification that all expenditures charged to the sponsored project are for the purpose of the award, and in accordance with the agreement. Non-compliance risks are greatly increased when an FER is not returned to the Accountant in a timely manner.
- Reminder - Post Doc and Graduate stipend/scholarship/award payments from sponsored projects cannot have all lines (all pay dates) on the purchase order “received” at the same time. The payments due from the P.O. on sponsored projects must be partially received to ensure that the resulting expenditure that posts in Banner based on the receiving action is not more than the actual stipend payment/s to be issued by VCU Accounts Payable on or near that date. Additionally, when establishing the payment schedule for the Trainee with Accounts Payable, the schedule should only be established initially to the end of the awarded budget period. This way the incorrect budget year index will not be erroneously charged.
***FAX Number change – Please use 804-828-8644 effective immediately
All departments in ECRT must have an established Primary Effort Coordinator. This access is limited to one (1) Primary Coordinator per department. Additional Secondary Coordinators may be added as needed with viewing and reporting access only. Please utilize the ECRT Access Request form found on the Controller's Website when requesting new access or submitting updates/changes as necessary.
Your assistance is needed with the upcoming and past due effort reporting deadlines:
Semester certifications period 08-10-14 to 12-24-14 are due by 03-21-15
Quarterly certifications period 09-10-14 to 12-09-14 are due by 03-14-15
Semi-Annual certifications period 06/10/14 to 12/09/14 are to be released 02-22-15 and will be due by 04-21-2015
Quarterly certifications period 06-10-14 to 09-09-14 were due by 12-14-14
Semi-Annual certifications period 12/10/13 to 06/09/14 were due by 10-21-14
Remember to conduct proactive reviews (especially before grants close-out), communicate frequently with your faculty to verify the accuracy of their commitments, and to complete the processing of all ECRT cards assigned.
Other Effort Links:
ECRT URL: https://ecrtprod.asauxweb.vcu.edu/ecrt
Effort Reporting's website: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/effort.htm
Helpful Tools: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/ECRThelpfultools.html
Grants and Contracts Accounting/Effort Reporting extends our gratitude to you for all that you do to assist our office and to minimize non-compliance risks on sponsored programs at VCU. Please don’t hesitate to contact a G&C/Effort Reporting staff member if at any time you have questions that cannot be answered by content on the Controller/G&C website.
FGRBDSC and FGRODTA reports are now available on e~Print at https://eprint.asauxweb.vcu.edu/cgi-bin/eprint.cgi.
As you review the reports you may have questions concerning the data contained within them. Please briefly outline your questions on a Financial Inquiry and forward directly to the appropriate department via e-mail, fax, or campus mail. Remember that you can check the status of deposits or disbursements through the on-line inquiry screens.