Table of Contents
- Procurement Services
- P-Cards May Be Reissued Due to Target Fraud
- New Travel Management Services RFP
- Procurement Services Classes
- Controller's Office
- Grants & Contracts Accounting/Effort Report Updates
- Effort Reporting and ECRT Updates
- ePrint Budget Reports
As you may be aware, there was a security breach which affected credit and debit cards used at Target Corp. during the dates of November 27 - December 15, 2013. Department of Accounts has identified approximately 90 cards in the Commonwealth which were used at Target during those dates.
Bank of America will be contacting those cardholders directly and as a precaution, will be reissuing those cards.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Thelma Stockton at 8-4232 or Lena Massie at 8-3407.
University support was granted for the resulting Travel Management Services contract to be mandatory-use for VCU employees purchasing airline and rail tickets for official business using University funds. Proposals were received on December 17. The evaluation process will begin in January. The Evaluation Committee is comprised of representatives from departments on both campuses. If you have any comments or suggestions for the Evaluation Committee to take into consideration during the evaluation process, please send them to Sarah O’Neill at email@example.com.
Progress on the evaluation process will continue to be reported in the FA Newsletter.
Procurement Services offers many different classroom and online training opportunities. A full list and brief description of each class can be found on the Procurement Services website under Training and Support Services. http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/receive-training/
To register for available classroom classes, go to http://training.vcu.edu/. Choose “Office of Procurement Services” under “Sponsor”. Select the appropriate class and follow the instructions to register. Please note: Registrants are encouraged to keep an eye on their e-mail in the week preceding a class. Low registration numbers will result in a class cancellation.
To access classes available on Blackboard, go to http://blackboard.vcu.edu/ using your VCU eID and password and click on the “Courses” tab in the top row. Search by the class title.
Happy New Year!
Grants and Contracts Accounting/Effort Reporting extends our gratitude to you for all that you do to assist our office and to minimize non-compliance risks on sponsored programs at VCU. Please don’t hesitate to contact a G&C/Effort Reporting staff member if at any time you have questions that cannot be answered by content on the Controller/G&C website.
- Reminder - All information, especially FACR codes, on New Banner index Create Memos should be reviewed upon receipt by Administrators for accuracy. Any corrections needed must be communicated immediately to the G&C Accountant. Request for retroactive corrections will not be approved by the Controller Office.
- Reminder - Post Doc and Graduate stipend/scholarship/award payments from sponsored projects cannot have all lines (all pay dates) on the purchase order “received” at the same time. The payments due from the P.O. on sponsored projects must be partially received to ensure that the resulting expenditure that posts in Banner based on the receiving action is not more than the actual stipend payment/s to be issued by VCU Accounts Payable on or near that date.
Your assistance is needed with the upcoming effort reporting deadlines:
Quarterly certifications (period 09-10-13 to 12-09-13) are due by 03-14-14
Semester certifications (period 08-10-13 to 12-24-13) are due by 03-21-14
Semi-Annual certifications (period 06/10/13 to 12/09/13) are due by 04-21-14
Quarterly certifications (period 06-10-13 to 09-09-13) were due by 12-14-13
Semester certifications (period 05-10-13 to 08-09-13) were due by 11-14-13
Semi-Annual certifications (period 12/10/12 to 06/09/13) were due by 10-21-13
- Remember to conduct proactive reviews, communicate frequently with your faculty to verify the accuracy of their commitments, and to complete the processing of all ECRT cards assigned.
Other Effort Links:
The new ECRT url is https://ecrtprod.asauxweb.vcu.edu/ecrt
Effort Reporting's website: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/effort.htm
Helpful Tools: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/ECRThelpfultools.html
Thank you from the entire Grants and Contracts Accounting/Effort Reporting Staff to all Administrators for your continued efforts toward research compliance.
FGRBDSC and FGRODTA reports are now available on e~Print at https://eprint.asauxweb.vcu.edu/cgi-bin/eprint.cgi.
As you review the reports you may have questions concerning the data contained within them. Please briefly outline your questions on a Financial Inquiry and forward directly to the appropriate department via e-mail, fax, or campus mail. Remember that you can check the status of deposits or disbursements through the on-line inquiry screens.