Table of Contents
- Procurement Services
- Fiscal Year-End Processing
- New Copier/Printer Contract
- VCU Passport
- Individual Liability Travel Training and Test
- WORKS Cardholder Authorization Logs
- Emailing Invoices - Reminders
- Controller's Office
- FY13 Year-end Schedule
- Grants & Contracts Accounting/Effort Report Updates
- Effort Reporting and ECRT Updates
- ePrint Budget Reports
To facilitate payment this fiscal year, all invoices, revenue refund vouchers and travel reimbursements must be submitted to Procurement Services by 4:30 p.m., on June 14. We will do our best to complete all payments/reimbursements that are submitted within this timeframe.
Departments are responsible for monitoring their accounts to ensure that necessary payments have been processed. Receiving may be entered into Banner until 2:30 p.m., June 28 and if the invoice is posted and matches properly with the receiving, the expense should hit your index this fiscal year. Receiving should not be completed until July for any payments that are to be expensed in FY14.
Journal Vouchers (JV) can be processed until 5:00 p.m., on June 28, providing all approvals have been completed.
All BOA Visa purchasing transactions posted from May 16 to June 14, 2013 will be posted in Banner this fiscal year provided the index code associated with the cardholder’s P-card is not frozen. All purchase transactions submitted to BOA Visa after June 14, 2013 will be paid next fiscal year.
Other deadline dates that affect FY13 processing:
June 25 is the last day to process changes to purchase orders in eVA.
June 27 is the last day to process purchase orders in eVA.
If you have any questions regarding fiscal year-end processing for Accounts Payable, please call Jamie Holcomb, 628-2877; for Travel and Reimbursement Services, please call Sarah O’Neill, 828-5056; for year-end purchase processing, please call Gary Gulliksen, 828-0157; and for P-card expenses, please call Thelma Stockton, 828-4232.
VITA has established a new contract for copiers and printers effective May 1. It encompasses under one contract (VA130405) the four categories previously covered under separate contracts (i.e. Inkjets, Multi-function devices, High speed copiers, and Wide format) plus a new one – managed print services. Contract information is available at: http://vita2.virginia.gov/procurement/contractBrowse.cfm?qsCat=1000016
The procedures for ordering products from the new contract are the same as before. Additional information about the contract is available on our website at: http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/make-a-purchase/buy-copiers/
If you have any questions, please contact John Hornback at 628-2878 or email@example.com.
Procurement Services would like to thank everyone for a successful launch of Chrome River. We know departments have put in hours of training to make the transition as easy as possible. Please remember that all help resources: FAQs, Cheat Sheets, and a training video reside on the webpage, I Want To Learn About VCU Passport.
There is a new Approvers_CheatSheet to provide guidance on what areas of approving need more discretion with Chrome River. Along those same lines, the Cheat Sheet lists the approving activities that are now obsolete with an electronic system.
Monthly training will continue to be offered on both campuses. To sign up, go to training.vcu.edu and search for Chrome River.
The deadline for the Individual Liability Travel Card annual re-certification test is June 3, 2013. Failure to take the recertification test will result in suspension or cancellation of the travel card. Please contract Thelma Stockton at 8-4232 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding the re-certification test.
The Bank of America Works system enables cardholders to see pending charges for accounts through an authorization log. Authorization logs will allow you to view, in real-time, the date and time that vendors charge your account and the reason for card declines. Employees with multiple cards should be aware that pending transactions for all of your accounts will appear on this list simultaneously.
To access your Authorization Log:
Log into the Bank of America Works system and locate the navigation tabs on the left of the page. Click on the TOOLS tab, then the + SEARCH tab, and then select the AUTHORIZATION LOG link.
Please contact CorpCard@vcu.edu if you have trouble logging into the Bank of America Works system or if you are unable to access your authorization log.
Vendors are required to send original invoices to Accounts Payable. This does not always occur, and departments sometimes receive the original invoice. In such instances, the department must either mail the invoice to Accounts Payable, or email the invoice to email@example.com.
Listed below are common mistakes made by departments emailing invoices to Accounts Payable. When these mistakes occur, emails are returned to the sender for correcting which delays the payment process.
- Multiple invoices included in one email
- No invoice included in the email
- Incorrect EP number specified in the Subject line
The FY13 year-end schedule has been posted on the Controller’s web site. It may be found at: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/finreporting/yrendschedule.pdf.
If you have any questions, please contact the Banner Finance Help Desk at 828-0388.
- With the year-end quickly approaching G&C Accounting must prepare for a smooth transition by closing-out projects and correcting account balances on closed awards. Your assistance is needed to timely respond to requests by G&C personnel for required documents (e.g. signed FERS, Fixed Price Close-out forms, 90-day Notices etc.) and/or to remove deficits as requested according to the current university policy. The required monthly reconciliation by you in addition to the timely correction of errors will greatly minimize compliance risks to VCU.
- Upcoming Brown Bag Sessions - Training in the follow compliance areas is being coordinated:
Close-out - \"Avoiding Audit Findings With Timely Research Project Close-outs\"
June 3, 2013, Larrick Student Center, Jackson Ward Conference Room, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Presented jointly by G&C (Gloria Foote) and OSP (Annie Publow)
Register at http://training.vcu.edu Keyword search Brown Bag
Program Income - Details will follow as the specific dates and locations are identified.
Cost Share - Details will follow as the specific dates and locations are identified.
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) Financial Research Administrator (FRA) Traveling Workshop at VCU
The NCURA FRA Workshop at VCU – Dates will be 10/9/2013 – 10/11/2013 (Wed. – Fri.) 8:00 – 5:00 except on last day, the workshop will conclude at noon. The workshop will be held at the Larrick Student Center Court End Ballrooms. The cost will be $545.00 per attendee and will include all workshop printed materials, a continental breakfast each morning and lunch for the first 2 days. The university-wide announcement along with the workshop agenda and procedures to register online will be forthcoming. The workshop registration is limited to 70 participants.
- A Cost Share Index has a 1-to-1 relationship with a sponsored program index in Banner, thus cannot be recycled or used again, even if the sponsored project has terminated.
- Approved sponsored research Program Income Indexes based on Sponsor requirements, and the subsequent coordination by OSP with G&C Accounting, must adhere to the specific federally funded project requirement, and like project period for the income generation and expending. G&C will be coordinating with Departmental Administrators for the close-out of Program Income Indexes which are associated with closed projects/grants. A Program Income Index is associated to a grant code in Banner upon creation, and may not be associated with more than one project.
A new Blackboard Organization has been created for Effort Coordinators to assist with training and questions regarding the upgraded system. After logging into Blackboard at http://blackboard.vcu.edu/ Effort Coordinators will locate the Effort Reporting link under the \"My Organizations\" section in the lower right-hand side of the My Blackboard page. Guides, training videos, and a site map are available on that page to assist Effort Coordinators with transitioning to the new version of ECRT. Effort and ECRT training dates for 2013 are now available via the VCU Training site (http://training.vcu.edu). Please use the keyword “Effort”. If you have any questions please contact any Effort Reporting staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your assistance is needed with the following upcoming effort reporting deadlines:
Semi-Annual certifications (period 06/10/12 to 12/09/12) were due by 04-21-13
Semester certifications (period 08-10-12 to 12-24-12) were due by 03-21-13
Quarterly certifications (period 12-10-12 to 03-09-13) are due by 06-14-13
Quarterly certifications (period 03-10-13 to 06-09-13) are due by 09-14-13
Semester certifications (period 12-25-12 to 05-09-13) are due by 08-14-13
Semi-Annual certifications (period 12/10/12 to 06/09/13) are due by 08-22-13
- Remember to conduct proactive reviews, communicate frequently with your faculty to verify the accuracy of their commitments, and to complete the processing of all ECRT cards assigned.
Other Effort Links:
The new ECRT url is https://ecrtprod.asauxweb.vcu.edu/ecrt
Effort Reporting's website: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/effort.htm
Helpful Tools: http://www.controller.vcu.edu/grants/ECRThelpfultools.html
Thank you from the entire Grants and Contracts Accounting/Effort Reporting Staff to all Administrators for your continued efforts toward research compliance.
FGRBDSC and FGRODTA reports are now available on e~Print at https://eprint.asauxweb.vcu.edu/cgi-bin/eprint.cgi.
As you review the reports you may have questions concerning the data contained within them. Please briefly outline your questions on a Financial Inquiry and forward directly to the appropriate department via e-mail, fax, or campus mail. Remember that you can check the status of deposits or disbursements through the on-line inquiry screens.