Table of Contents
- Procurement Services
- Open Forums
- Purchases from Amazon.com
- Office Supply Contract: Cost Saving Tips
- Procurement Services Classes
- Business Services
- Use of VCU Mailing Permits
- ePrint Budget Reports
You are invited to attend one of Procurement Services upcoming Open Forums. Two sessions will be held, one on each campus. Specific dates, times, and locations are as follows:
Tuesday August 6, 2013 – Monroe Park Campus, Commons Theater from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday August 7, 2013 – MCV Campus, George Ben Johnston Auditorium from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Representatives from Procurement Services will be there to present various topics of interest including; an update on the Travel Services contract, the two-way match process, and new process improvements in purchasing, This is also an opportunity for faculty and staff to ask Procurement Services questions.
When making purchases from Amazon, whether for VCU business or personal reasons, please be sure to select the correct card to avoid compliance issues. If personal purchases are made on a VCU P-Card, it can result in suspension or cancellation of the card and eVA access. If you have any questions, please contact Lena Massie at email@example.com or 8-3407.
For the new fiscal year, here are some cost saving tips to consider:
- Purchase from the Core Item lists: The Ball Office and Guy Brown Core Item lists reflect lower prices on the items most commonly purchased across the university. Instructions on how to access these lists are located at View Ball and Guy Brown Contract Pricing. Please note: This page is password protected and can only be accessed with your VCU eID login.
- Take advantage of best value alternate products: Both Guy Brown and Ball Office have a feature in their punch-out catalogs which offers, when available, comparable items of equal quality and a lower price.
- Consolidate orders: Departments are encouraged to consolidate orders when possible to reduce administrative expense and time to generate a purchase order. Placing fewer orders will also help support campus sustainability efforts in the reduction of corrugated boxes and fuel used for deliveries.
If you have any questions in regard to the Office Supply contract, please contact Lauren Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-5063.
Procurement Services offers many different classroom and online training opportunities. A full list and brief description of each class can be found on the Procurement Services website under Training and Support Services. http://procurement.vcu.edu/i-want-to/receive-training/
To register for available classroom classes, go to http://training.vcu.edu/. Choose “Office of Procurement Services” under “Sponsor”. Select the appropriate class and follow the instructions to register. Please note: Registrants are encouraged to keep an eye on their e-mail in the week preceding a class. Low registration numbers will result in a class cancellation.
To access classes available on Blackboard, go to http://blackboard.vcu.edu/ using your VCU eID and password and click on the “Courses” tab in the top row. Search by the class title.
VCU Mail Services’ contractor, Pitney Bowes Management Services (PBMS), provides up front postage for postage meters and mailing permits for outgoing VCU mail. PBMS provides mail management services (list management, addressing, etc.) as part of the university’s contract.
Effective August 1, 2013, for print-to-mail or other such jobs provided by a vendor other than Pitney Bowes Management Services, PBMS will begin to charge the VCU department 2.5% of the postage amount as a fee for utilizing PBMS funds on deposit with the USPS for VCU postage.
Previously, private vendors have not been required to prepay the postage costs and invoice university departments for those costs on the mailed products they send on behalf of the VCU department. Private vendors have been using VCU’s prepaid non-profit postage funds that PBMS prepays at the United States Postal Service. If PBMS provides postal services for print-to-mail or other addressing services the 2.5% fee will be waived.
If you have questions, please contact Mark Harvey at 828-3868 or Dan Young at 828-2407.
FGRBDSC and FGRODTA reports are now available on e~Print at https://eprint.asauxweb.vcu.edu/cgi-bin/eprint.cgi.
As you review the reports you may have questions concerning the data contained within them. Please briefly outline your questions on a Financial Inquiry and forward directly to the appropriate department via e-mail, fax, or campus mail. Remember that you can check the status of deposits or disbursements through the on-line inquiry screens.